Due to the Covid-19 fuelled pandemic outbreak this year Christmas and New Year may not be quite the same. The best way to celebrate Christmas and NY Eve this year is to make it a homely and private affair, not only in the light of rapidly increasing infection count in the United States but also to avoid rubbing in the inequality in the face of the less fortunate. Calling for lavish decorations or unnecessary splurging is only going to make it cringe worthy, what in the wake of millions dead and dying and the even more left jobless and unemployed.
Everybody must take precautions in the upcoming holiday season, till the vaccine is rolled out. Travel will increase the chances for the spread of COVID-19. The easiest way to protect yourself and others this year is to avoid travel and stay home.
EVERYONE CAN MAKE THE ONCOMING FESTIVE SEASON SAFER
Precautions to take when you go out
• Wear a two or more layered face mask to allow you and others to shield themselves from COVID-19.
• Use the mask and secure it under the chin, on top of your nose and mouth.
• Ensure that the mask snugly fits on your facial sides.
Stay 6 meters away from people who do not live with you
• It is imperative to keep 6 feet from other people (about two arm lengths) when you are at greater risk of being ill.
Clean your hands
• Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water.
• Keep your hand sanitizer with you all the time when you go out
• Use at least 90% alcohol content hand wipes.
ATTENDING A CHRISTMAS PARTY OR MAKING PLANS FOR AN OUTDOOR NY PLAN
The most secure option of this holiday season is to celebrate online or with the people you live with.
Make your celebration safer if you plan to go out. In order to make Christmas and NY Eve better for all, take these additional steps:
Carry your food, your beverages, your plates, your cups, and your utensils.
Wear a mask and keep your mask clean while you eat and drink.
Don’t enter places where food is being cooked.
Use packaged food items.
IF YOU ARE HOSTING A CHRISTMAS OR NY EVE GATHERING, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO FOLLOW STRICT SAFETY MEASURES.
If you have visitors here, be sure that people take steps to make Christmas and NY better for everyone. The following steps are:
• Limit number of members coming.
• Sanitize your entire house before and after the party
• If you are hosting it indoors then, make sure you keep the windows and door open for proper air circulation
• Restrict people in areas of food preparation.
• Request your guests to carry their own food
• If you share food, use disposable utensils, such as plastic or paper cups and plates.
To improve air circulation, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), USA recommends opening doors and windows. Other precautions are to sanitize your house, wear multiple layer face masks inside, to wash hands regularly, use garbage bags, not touch one another, to serve food in disposable plates and cups.